Recipe by <3 Chef Bee
i first had this at an aunts, demanded the recipe & have been making it ever since! everyone who's tasted it has loved it! looks great and and only takes about half an hour to make! PREPARATION TIME DOES NOT INCLUDE CHILLING TIME!
- 175 g margarine
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 g self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 142 ml whipping cream (i use elmea double with 55% less fat & it works gr8)
- 1 (410 g) canlight condensed milk (you can use full fat if you prefer)
- 1 bar of flake chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk the eggs until light & fluffy.
- add the margarine and whisk together.
- then add the sugar, flour, salt & baking powder & whisk mixture together until it has a smooth texture.
- preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- generously grease a 20x25 cm baking tray.
- pour in the cake mixture and place in the middle of the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean).
- remove the cake from the baking tray whilst hot & place on a high sided serving tray
- immediately pour the condensed milk evenly over the cake - it will soak it up.
- leave to cool.
- in a clean bowl, whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- then spread the whipped cream over the cool cake & top with little flakes of chocolate.
- put in the fridge to cool for at least 45 minutes & serve cold.