Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is really nice. Great with coffee or milk.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nut filling and topping mixture
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube cake pan.
- Cream butter until soft.
- Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour half of the batter in prepared pan; and add half of nut filling/topping mixture.
- Pour remaining batter over nut mixture and top with remaining nut mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until done when tested with tooth pick.
Whenever I make this coffee cake, it's over before I even get a bite! Its soooooo good! I always use plain fat-free yogurt as a substitute for this instead of the sour cream. This is a sure keeper!