Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have been making this for my family for 20 years. I have no idea where I first got this recipe, but my kids who are in college still come home and request this for dinner.
- 453.59 g ground sirloin
- 1 onion, diced
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g can dark red kidney beans, do not drain
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 453.59 g cooked spaghetti
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Brown meat and onion together and drain off fat.
- Add tomato sauce, undrained beans, undrained tomatoes, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot spaghetti.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and sour cream on top.
I"m sure this is good. But it is NOT Cincinnati Chili. It has none of the interesting ingredients. There are much better recipes on the Zaar for Cincy Chili.
This is one of my favorites from my mom. I made it last night for my DB, it was his first time having it and he loved it as well! It is so easy, I let it simmer for about 45 min just so that it wasn't quite as soupy. Added a little garlic powder to the meat during cooking, but other than that left our old family recipe the same! Thanks for posting this Mom!
YUMMY certainly belongs in the title of this recipe!!! It is sorta like chili Mac,But OH SO much better!!! You Make Sure those college kids get this recipe,cause when they want it later on in life,and you may be gone,They will wish they had it.I made both of my girls a cookbook with only our favorite family recipes for Christmas a few years back,and they use it all the time,and will pass it down to my gandkids.They still thank me for it.Thanks for this keeper,Darlene