Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great way to use ripe bananas and it is an easy to make cake that incorporates all of the flavors of the "Chunky Monkey" icecream that many of us love. This makes a very moist tender healthy and yummy cake! You can use greek yogurt or plain if you cannot find greek.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large bananas, ripe and mashed
- 2⁄3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 9 inch square cake pan.
- Stir together flours, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Beat together oil, sugar, and eggs and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in bananas, and yogurt (mixture will look curdled).
- With mixer at low spead add flour mixture until just mixed.
- Toss the chocolate chips and walnuts in a tablespoon of flour to coat and then add to bater and fold in gently, do not overmix.
- Spread batter evenly into pan and bakeuntil cake is golden and a wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Cool cake on rack for 30 minutes and then turn cake out onto rack and cool completely, right side up.
- Cake can be store for 2-3 days at room temperature.
- This cake goes great with a dark chocolate frosting!