Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy pie crust to put together. Use either chocolate wafers or gingersnaps, depending on your need.
- 354.88 ml chocolate wafer crumbs or 354.88 ml gingersnap crumbs
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml butter, melted or 59.14 ml margarine
- Preheat oven, 350 degrees.
- Process cookies in food processor until crumbed. (Can use blender or rolling pin filled with cookies in Ziploc bag.).
- Mix crumbs, sugar, vanilla, and butter.
- If desired, reserve 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture for garnish.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and side of 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
I have made this versatile pie crust numerous of times of different cookies and also pretzels. And if melting the butter before adding, this makes a perfect no bake crust as well. Perfect every time!
This crust was delicious! The texture was great; it held together well and had a good crunch without being too crispy. I used gluten free chocolate wafers, unsalted butter, and my Magic Bullet to crumb the cookies. I didn't have a shrinkage problem on the sides like others have mentioned, so I ended up with a really tall crust. I'll definitely make this again!
I used this recipe for a pumpkin pie that had to be cooked an additional hour, and it turned out just fine. I was worried the crust would be overdone, but I just placed some foil over the edges to prevent the exposed crust from burning. I used MI-DEL gluten-free gingersnaps, and it was absolutely delicious.