Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Very easy pie crust to put together. Use either chocolate wafers or gingersnaps, depending on your need.
Top Review by rosslare
I have made this versatile pie crust numerous of times of different cookies and also pretzels. And if melting the butter before adding, this makes a perfect no bake crust as well. Perfect every time!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs or 1 1⁄2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven, 350 degrees.
- Process cookies in food processor until crumbed. (Can use blender or rolling pin filled with cookies in Ziploc bag.).
- Mix crumbs, sugar, vanilla, and butter.
- If desired, reserve 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture for garnish.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and side of 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool.