Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was created thanks to the generosity of Lennie who sent me packages of butterscotch and peanutbutter chips. Very precious cookies, they need to be savored and appreciated!
- Combine the cake mix, eggs and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chips, first tasting a handful or so to make sure it's the right flavor you want.
- Add the mandatory optional nuts.
- Mix well.
- Drop by the teaspoonfull onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 C) for 8-10 minutes or until the centers are set.
- Cool on the baking sheets for about 2 minutes to let them firm up, then remove to cool completely.
I used a Duncan Hines Swiss Chocolate cake mix, butterscotch chips and I must confess - I omitted the "mandatory, optional nuts". On an air bake cookie sheet, 10 minutes baking time was necessary. It was an amazingly easy recipe and VERY good. Thanx to Lennie and Mirj!
These were very quick and easy, but I found them a little too oily tasting. BUT I will make them again, next time using peanut butter chips and maybe some margarine in place of the oil.