Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple recipe to make delightful chocolate fondue. You can also use this recipe as a base chocolate fondue and add your own favoriate additional flavors to the mix, such as mint, vanilla, carmel, almond, etc.
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate, premium and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 lb fruit, cut into bite size pieces (such as apples, bananas, strawberries)
- Place chocolate pieces in double boiler. Heat on low over a stovetop until chocolate is mostly melted.
- Add cream and stir completely.
- Heat mixture on low until it is smooth and even consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Add Amaretto nnd stir briefly for 1 minute.
- Remove immediately from stovetop. Place pot over fondue warmer if you have a one.
- Dip fruit in fondue using fondue forks or toothpicks.