Recipe by Cupcake-Princess
This is the perfect chocolate cupcake recipe. I love them because there moist and not dense. Top them with any kind of frosting and toppings you want, one of my favorites is these cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting and shredded coconut.
Top Review by stormylee
Delicious, airy, spongy, chocolatey, easy to make, even easier to eat! I topped these with Recipe #403399 - what goes better with chocolate than some more chocolate? ;-) I prefer these at room temperature as opposed to straight from the fridge; the taste seems more intense when they're not cold. Thank you for sharing a great recipe!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 88.74 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
- 59.14 ml butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper baking cups. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter, egg, milk, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until well blended. Add water and beat until combined.
- Divide batter between baking cups. Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to cooling racks to cool completley.