Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
We loved this, I have made it twice now and never had a problem.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup (I used hershey's)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour and sugar in large bowl.
- Remove 1/2 cup mixture; set aside for topping.
- Stir baking soda, baking powder and salt into remaining flour mixture.
- Add butter, egg, milk and syrup; beat mixer until well blended.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Sprinkle reserved flour mixture over top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Easy recipe and tasted great! I was looking for a recipe that included what I actually had in my kitchen and this couldn't have been better. I baked it at 45 min in a 9in round cake pan and it came out perfect. I even drizzled more chocolate syrup on top after it baked.
We really enjoyed this cake a lot. The flavor of the cake itself is perfect! Very light and moist. I used Chocolate Syrup for the chocolate syrup. I had to bake it for about 45 minutes for it to test done. My only disappointment was with the topping. I didn't feel it wasn't like a true crumb topping. Usually they have some butter cut into them to hold it together. Even thought it tasted really good, it was a lot like eating flour sprinkled on top. The flavor was excellent, I'll just make the topping a little differently next time. Thanks for sharing! It's a keeper!