Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious, all purpose, medium spiced chili which everyone raves about. :) It's a spicier version of my mom's chili. Enjoy!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 large chopped yellow onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 32 ounces kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- chopped green chili
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown 2 Clove Garlic (minced). 1 chopped yellow onion. 1 lb Ground Beef or Turkey. Stir & Saute until well done.
- Add: 1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes. 1 32 oz. kidney beans. 1 tsp salt. 1 Bay leaf. 2 tbsp Chili Powder. 1 tablespoon cumin. 1 teaspoon cayenne. 1 teaspoon coriander. 1 teaspoon oregano. 1/2 tsp pepper. 1- 7 oz. can chopped green chilis. 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce. Cover & simmer for 1 hour (be careful to remove bay leaf before serving).
Great recipe! Mine turned out very hot because I used Rotel with Habanero in place of stewed tomatoes. I also used pinto beans (family preference). All in all very tasty with easy to follow directions. Thanks for sharing. Made for Let's Party 2010.