Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy one-dish meal that is a little different than just making chili for dinner. I recommend sauteing the onions and celery in a little olive oil before adding the meat to the pan. I've posted the original recipe as I first found it. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain fat.
- Add the celery, chili, tomatoes, taco sauce and corn.
- Heat thoroughly, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- When cooked, place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour the meat mixture over the noodles, stirring well.
- Top with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
What a great casserole! I loved the can of chili in this. I used less ground beef, and in place of celery I chopped up half of a red bell pepper. I used a mix of purple and green onion. One cup of frozen corn instead of canned. And, finally added 1/2 t. of crushed red pepper flakes for a little intrigue. Heavenly! Thanks jovigirl.
This was good,a quick tasty meal.
Excellent dish & a fairly short preparation time for chili. The noodles make this a unique chili recipe. I used no-salt-added tomatoes (because that's what I'm used to) and omitted the cheese.