Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
The copy of this recipe I found was listed as done in a crockpot. Since posting this I've learned this is done on the stove for 45-60 minutes on simmer. I plan to try this in the crockpot. I found this recipe on Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by berts4. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- Brown chicken thighs in a skillet coated with Pam, skillet needs to have a cover.
- Spray the crock pot dish. Then lay the chicken thighs in the crockpot. Pick one of the variations, and add one of the variations to the chicken, then pour the chicken broth over the chicken. Then cover and let simmer on low for 6-8 hours until the chicken falls apart. Don't open the lid often or you will dry out the chicken. Shred chicken with fork. When it shreds easily its done.
- Taco: 1 package of taco seasoning and one can of black or kidney beans. Serve with salsa, fat free sour cream and fat free cheddar cheese.
- Chili: 1 package of White chilli seasoning and one can of great northern beans, put 1/2 of the beans in a blender first then add with remaining beans to chicken. (This would be good with roasted veggies).
- Fajita: 1 package of Fajitas seasoning. Saute onions and peppers and add them at the very end. Serve with Salsa, fat free sour cream and fat free cheddar.
- Buffalo: 1/4 c hot sauce. Add 1/2 a block of cream cheese at the end.
I think you are confused. I don't think you meant "45-60 minutes," since the recipe calls for crock pot...