This is an easy way to make yummy Chicken Soup with Dumplings. (And it saves time too!)
Make and share this Yummy Chicken Soup With Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Pick up a Rotisserie Chicken from your local market.
- Bring Chicken Broth to Biol.
- Add your veggies and boil till tender.
- Keep it boiling and drop in bits of biscuit. I just squish the biscuit and tear off little - medium pieces. Just remember they're going to expand -- if you put in big pieces of biscuit you end up with HUGE dumplings
- When you're done dropping in the biscuits let that all boil together while you remove the meat from the chicken. Get as much as possible -- and chunk it up a little.
- Reduce heat Drop the meat in and let all cook together for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5-10 minutes I stir it around and search for chunks of meat I too large to fit on a spoon and cut them down smaller.
- Voila Chicken and Dumplings that no one will know didn't cook all day.
- ~ Now if you want a creamier chicken and dumplings you can add a bit of milk/cream and flour mixed together and pour in after the dumplings.
Absolutely delicious! My family went nuts over this soup! I used to make homemade chewy noodles and dumplings before having to go gluten-free. Last week I found a stray can of biscuits in the garage fridge and instead of throwing them out I decided I'd bake them for breakfast for everyone else; I just wouldn't eat them. I couldn't believe it when I found this recipe where I could get a great meal for my family, use up the can of biscuits and not spend all day making dough I couldn't eat! Chicken and dumplings is one of my family's comfort foods, going all the way back to my grandmother (and probably my great-granny). I made the soup, fixed my bowl and then added the dumplings for the rest of the family. As it turns out, what I thought was biscuits was actually a can of bread sticks. I'm sure the texture is different, and maybe the biscuits turn out more like a fluffy dumpling, whereas my family described the bread stick dumplings as comparable to my homemade chicken and noodles/dumplings instead of my fluffy dumplings. Either way, no one could believe we were eating a dish like this in less than 45 minutes! Made as directed, except I put the chicken in before the dumplings so my soup would stay gluten-free. Thanks so much for sharing this super time-saver recipe, Delaina! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :)
I could not agree more with using Pillsbury Biscuits. For those who are talented make your dumplings but for me...these never fail and the family loves them....thanks for posting...the most difficult part today will be driving to the store to pick up the no fail dumplings....