Recipe by Cooks4Dudes
This filling soup is loaded with veggies and other really healthy ingredients. I have found it to be an excellent way to get veggies in my 3 year old... and my husband loves it when he is feeling under the weather. Don't let the list if ingredients intimidate... there can be substitutions for pretty much any of them! And the ones listed can be found in any whole foods store or the natural section of most grocery stores.
- 1 (16 ounce) box chicken broth (organic)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (Braggs Aminos)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 cups vegetable soup mix (Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 medium white onion (finely chopped)
- 4 large carrots (sliced or chopped)
- 3 stalks celery & leaves (finely chopped)
- 4 red potatoes (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot--- or crockpot. If using a pot on the stove, simmer uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours or until soup mix and potatoes are tender. If using crockpot, allow about 5-6 hours for soup mix and potatoes to become tender.
- My son loves Annie's Cheddar Bunny crackers in his soup -- or with a grilled cheese sandwich.