Ok, this recipe is inspired by a sandwich I'd eaten at Togo's sandwich shop. The toasted almonds in the salad really set it off! The measurements are approximated as i just throw everything together and add mayo little by little to taste. I HATE goopy salads, so I use just enough to cover the chicken, but not make it goopy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven broiler.
- 2Spray the chicken breasts with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Broil the chicken breasts for 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. (can BBQ if you prefer).
- 4Chop chicken breasts and put in refrigerator to cool.
- 5While oven is still hot, spread your almond flakes on a cookie sheet and toast on the broiling rack. Please keep an eye on them because they toast quickly, and you dont want burnt almonds.
- 6Once the chicken is cooled, mix in the almonds, celery, onion, mustard and mayo.
- 7You can either put the salad straight onto your choice of bread and add whatever you like on your sandwiches or can be eaten out of iceburg lettuce leaves for a no carb version.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Chicken Salad for Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 302.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: