Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the yummy recipe of that movie ''American Adobo'' which was a hit in San Francisco !! This recipe by Maya Kitchen.
- 1⁄2 kg chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1⁄2 kg pork liempo or 1⁄2 kg pork belly, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Combine chicken and pork with a mixture of vinegar, 1 tablespoon garlic, bayleaf, soy sauce and peppercorn.
- Boil then simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- If mixture is dry, add about 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer covered until completely tender.
- Saute remaining garlic in hot oil until brown.
- Add meat then fry until brown.
- Add adobo sauce and simmer.
This was very good, but I did triple the garlic. I like my adobo to be very garlicy and I also added a about a tbs more of soy sauce. I love, love LOVE Adobo!