Recipe by Mini Ravindran
So easy you cannot go wrong :-) The pickle and fennel seeds lend an incredible taste to this dish...my invention and favourite too !
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 piece Indian mango pickle (Get Indian Mango pickle from any supermarket)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 4 cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a deep pot, lower the heat and put the fennel seeds plus cloves.
- Cover the lid and allow the seeds+cloves to crackle a bit.
- Now open the lid and add chopped onion and garlic.
- Let them go deep brown.
- Now add all the spices and the salt.
- Saute a little.
- Add cubed chicken breasts and saute for 4 minutes till raw smell is gone.
- Add atleast 21/2 cups of water, cover the lid and allow to simmer on medium heat till chicken is tender and flavours mix.
- 20 minutes.
- Open the lid.
- Add tomato puree and one small piece of mango pickle and increase the heat to full.
- Let the dish boil uncovered for 2 minutes.
- There should not be much of water at this stage.
- The gravy should be thick.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice, pasta, noodles or breads.
- You may garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Little spicy!