Recipe by samantha19f2001
Tasty chicken noodle soup
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
This was tasty, and so good for the soul too. I had my own chicken broth, and I roasted the chicken in the oven, on a tray, so everything turned out delicious. I cut down on the carrots (to 1/2 cup) and the celery to 1/4 cup. Cooked the three vegetables with a bit of oil, adding the soup from there. I didn't need to cook the soup for 1 1/2 hours, just reheated it along with the roasted chicken, after I picked it from the bone. A wonderfully, savory soup, that just begs for you to take a moment to enjoy good soup that will completely leave you happy! Thank you so much, Samantha!
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I usually go ahead and bake the chicken in butter, salt and Italian seasoning first - gives it more taste, but definitely adds fat! You can, of course, just add the chicken in and let it cook with the soup.
- Bring chicken broth and water (until pot is over half full) to a boil. Add all other ingredients except pre-baked chicken and noodles.
- Cover and simmer for about an hour.
- Add chicken, simmer for another half an hour.
- Add noodles, cook until noodles are done.
- Depending on how soupy you want it, you may need to add water after you add the noodles.