Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this recipe tonight, using what I had on hand. It can easily be doubled, but this was plenty for two people. If you like spicy food, substitute medium or hot salsa, or add chiles or hot sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 6 ounces light sour cream
- 8 ounces mild salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in skillet. Cook chicken in butter until no longer pink. Remove from pan, cut into bite-sized pieces, return to pan.
- Add taco seasoning and water, stir. Add half the sour cream, half the salsa, and the green pepper, stir well. Simmer 7-8 minutes.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon chicken mixture evenly into tortillas, top with half the cheese. Roll up tortillas and place in baking dish. Mix remaining salsa and sour cream in skillet over low heat. Pour over tortillas and top with remaining cheese. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.