Recipe by Lil' Miss Nikki
This is my favorite comfort food. Along with my alfredo sauce, "Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce" there's nothing better. I make this all the time for family, by request, and holidays. And who doesn't love chicken alfredo?! It's great for company cause it makes such a big pot and taste a lot better then what you find a Olive Garder, or so says my husband.
- 1 lb grilled chicken (3-4 pieces, depending on the number of people)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Italian spices
- 1 lb mezze penne pasta (or whatever pasta you like)
- 0.5 (32 ounce) bag frozen broccoli (optional)
- alfredo sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cook pasta by box instructions, adding frozen broccoli to cook in the water.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Grill til done. Let rest. **The George Forman or a stop top grill work really well!**.
- Once pasta if finished cooking, drain and return to pot.
- Cut chicken into strips or bit size. Add to pasta and stir.
- Serve with alfredo sauce.