Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my favorite comfort food. Along with my alfredo sauce, "Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce" there's nothing better. I make this all the time for family, by request, and holidays. And who doesn't love chicken alfredo?! It's great for company cause it makes such a big pot and taste a lot better then what you find a Olive Garder, or so says my husband.
- 1 lb grilled chicken (3-4 pieces, depending on the number of people)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Italian spices
- 1 lb mezze penne pasta (or whatever pasta you like)
- 0.5 (32 ounce) bag frozen broccoli (optional)
- alfredo sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, cook pasta by box instructions, adding frozen broccoli to cook in the water.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Grill til done. Let rest. **The George Forman or a stop top grill work really well!**.
- Once pasta if finished cooking, drain and return to pot.
- Cut chicken into strips or bit size. Add to pasta and stir.
- Serve with alfredo sauce.
Made your recipe for Alfredo and then completed this recipe with that sauce. Really good. Made for PAC Spring10
my family and friends loved this. There were no leftovers and they all had 2nds. This is going into my permanent cooking repetoire. thanks Lil' Miss Nikki for submitting such an awesome recipe!