Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my take on Rachel Ray's lemon chicken. It is just fantastic! Everyone ate it, even my picky princess. We had artichokes with it and the sauce was good on the more bitter ones.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus enough to keep the sesame and almonds from burning when you toast them
- In 2 quart pot combine water, rice, orange zest and juice, raisins and curry powder.
- Bring to a boil uncovered.
- Cover and reduce heat until done, 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, Pan sear chicken.
- When chicken is nice and golden brown, add sesame seeds and toast for a few minute.
- Combine boiling water, lemon curd, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- When dissolved, pour over chicken and sesame. Reduce heat and simmer until rice is done.
- In a small pan, toast almond slivers.
- When rice is done, mix in almonds and spread on large serving platter with a lip.
- Pour chicken and sauce over rice.