Recipe by TansGram
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. I make this as written for special occasions. I make is an even quicker meal at times by adding crumbled bacon to the soup/sourcream mixture and leaving out the dried beef. I am not sure the size of the small jar of dried beef but had to put something in!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Really really good with a couple of modifications. I've made a similar recipe with the dried beef and didn't care for the combination so left that out of this recipe. With the bacon I didn't think you really needed the beef IMHO. I also thought the sauce was maybe a little bland, so I added some Provolonie to the top of the bacon before covering with the sauce. I may add some onion next time or maybe some type of hot spice to liven the up a little. I served this with rice and a side salad. Thanks. Made for "Let's Party 2011"
- 3 whole chicken breasts, halved or 6 chicken breast halves
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 1 (2 ounce) jar dried beef
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soup, sour cream, garlic salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in a greased 13" X 9" baking dish.
- Place 2 pieces of dried beef on top of chicken.
- Place 2 strips of bacon on top of dried beef.
- Pour soup/sour cream mixture on top.
- Make sure bacon and chicken are covered. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice.