Recipe by Chef Kirsten (#1!)
Soft and chewy, and soo yummy! I had a hard time finding a vegan ginger cookie recipe that worked (being that they were my favorites before I went vegan), but these really take the cake! They make good Christmas gifts, too :)
Top Review by JuliaTheEccentricChef
These are as delicious as they sound - maybe even more! However, I ddi have to bake them about 4 or 5 minutes more than indicated, because they were way too squishy on the inside.
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 -5 dashes ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, flax and water mixture, margarine, and molasses and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well, too. If its very dry (which it was for me), add some water and mix again; it took me almost 1/4 cup.
- Shape dough into little balls, top with a bit of sugar if you'd like. They'll flatten themselves out when baking.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet or oven pan. Pop 'em in the oven for 8-10 minutes, remove, and put them on a plate to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Hoard them. They will be gone very, very soon. :).
- *You have to watch these very well, and every few minutes take one cookie off the pan and check the bottom, because anything with molasses will burn very easily! Just keep and eye out, and yes they will be very soft when you take them out. Be careful not to break them; they'll harden a bit when cooling.