Recipe by grandma2969
These are very good
Top Review by Beverly292
Went looking for a recipe to use up all the oatmeal I was given and came across this recipe. My kids loved this for their dessert! It came together easily, but I feel the directions are wrong. I put the oats in with step one and used the melted butter in step 2. This was very simple to make and looks great!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups melted butter
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large bowl, combine flour, soda, sugar,and pecans and mix well.
- Add sugar; mix on low speed, scraping sides of bowl often till crumbly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture and spread remaining mixture evenly in a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until brown at the edges.
- Gently spoon pie filling over crust and sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Then remaining crumb mixture.
- Return to oven for 25 minutes until lightly browned -- cool on wire rack before cutting into bars.