Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is a recipe i have had for years it originally came from a pta cookbook that i found at a yard sale. i have altered the original recipe over the years to suit my familys tastes and they love it. the amount of seasoning in this recipe can be altered to suit your tastes as well, for instance you can substitute italian seasoning for the parsley. the leftovers go great chopped up on a salad or sandwich.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- melt butter in a large skillet, add all 4 seasonings to the melted butter and mix together. place trimmed and washed chicken in skillet coating both sides of each piece in the butter. pan fry over medium heat until both sides are browned and chicken is completely cooked. turn the burner off and top chicken pieces with cheese, place lid on skillet and let stand until cheese is melted. serve and enjoy.
Uncomplicated, yet really good....and kid-friendly. The colby jack cheese is just the perfect gooey, melty cheese for this. I added some sliced mushrooms to the skillet to have on the side. Thanx for a new quick and easy chicken recipe!