Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Very easy and delish!! I make these once every couple weeks for the three boys I nanny for, and on the weekends for friends after a long night. Complete meal wrapped in a Pilsbury biscuit YUmmM! A favorite of lots of friends! Can be topped with gravy for ultimate biscuits and gravy! You can substitude bacon for any meat (sausage, ham, ect.)
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 refrigerated biscuits (1 pkg.)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- pull out pack of biscuits & open, to let warm (so its easier to roll out) slice bacon into 1/2 bites.
- Cook bacon 2 minute in medium skillet over medium heat.
- turn heat down to med-low; add butter, onion, & a pinch of salt and pepper to pan until translucent (about 5 min).
- Preheat oven according to directions on biscuit pkg.
- scramble 2 eggs, add pinch of salt to eggs, and add to pan cook until just under, the way you'd like to eat your eggs, pull off heat and set aside.
- Roll out your 8 biscuits until about 4 1/2 inches round and hold like a taco shell in your hand while you stuff it with a spoon full of egg stuffing, add a sprinkle of cheese fold/pinch the biscuit closed (can use a fork to press against edges if thats easier) and place on a baking sheet atleast 2 inches apart from the other biscuits.
- I bake for about 13-14 mintues but watch closely, as everyones ovens are different, just until tops of biscuits are browning. pull them out and let sit for a few minutes!
I used Grands jumbo biscuits thinking they would be easier to fill than the smaller ones. I left the circle on the board & used the fold over & crimp with a fork method. There really wasn't enough filling for all 8 biscuits, but again I used the jumbo biscuits. There are lots of options for fillings so I see myself making them again. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2010.