Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is pretty quick and easy and the possibilities are endless. Change them into pizza burgers, bacon cheeseburgers, etc. to suit your own tastes. Great for parties or a quick meal!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 lb) French bread or 1 (1 lb) Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 8 ounces sliced American cheese
- Cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain fat.
- Add soup (undiluted), garlic powder, salt and pepper to meat mixture and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice the top third off of the bread.
- Hollow out bottom part of loaf, leaving about a 3/4 inch shell.
- (Save removed bread for another recipe or for the birds!) Spread butter on the top piece of bread (inside, not crust).
- Place entire loaf on baking sheet and bake until very lightly browned and slightly crisp.
- Pour meat mixture into bottom shell of loaf and top with cheese slices.
- Place back into oven until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Replace the top of the loaf.
- Let sit for a few minutes to settle.
- Slice and serve!
Very yummy! I omitted the onions, because I don't like them. :) Whole family loved it.
Very easy to prepare. Delicious! There are so many things you could do to this recipe. Adding yellow or orange peppers maybe some thin sliced red onion. Try velveeta cheese instead of slice american. Thank you for sharing this recipe! A+
This was very quick, easy and delicious!