Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is pretty quick and easy and the possibilities are endless. Change them into pizza burgers, bacon cheeseburgers, etc. to suit your own tastes. Great for parties or a quick meal!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 lb) French bread or 1 (1 lb) Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 8 ounces sliced American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain fat.
- Add soup (undiluted), garlic powder, salt and pepper to meat mixture and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice the top third off of the bread.
- Hollow out bottom part of loaf, leaving about a 3/4 inch shell.
- (Save removed bread for another recipe or for the birds!) Spread butter on the top piece of bread (inside, not crust).
- Place entire loaf on baking sheet and bake until very lightly browned and slightly crisp.
- Pour meat mixture into bottom shell of loaf and top with cheese slices.
- Place back into oven until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Replace the top of the loaf.
- Let sit for a few minutes to settle.
- Slice and serve!