Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am posting this for a friend. She brought this to a dinner party and we scarfed it down before dinner even started then finished it off after dessert! So simple but so delish. Tweek the ingredient amounts to your taste preference. Get creative with cheese choice, bread choice and cream cheese mix-ins; very versatile and fun.
- 1 loaf crusty bread, halfed longwase
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- cooking spray
- Mix softened cream cheese with ranch mix.
- Lay bread crust sides down on baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread as much cream cheese as you'd like on both sides of the bread.
- Top with Cheddar.
- Broil on high until cheese gets bubbly and starts to brown.
I hate to give anything less than 5 stars, but I just wasn't very impressed with this. The cheese mixture was just too heavy & rich. I think it would be could to dip a heartier bread in it, like a good sourdough or pumpernickel round. It wasn't bad, though. It just didn't work for me.
Yummy! Very simple and very good. Thanks GinGin for a great new side dish. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
Very yummy - thanks!