My mother started making this for me and my friends in high school. 12 years later, we can't have a "girl's weekend" without it!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut a 1" slice off the top of the bread. Set aside.
- Remove center of bread, leaving 1/2 inch thick shell. Cut center of bread into cubes and bake until toasted.
- Dip: With electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream and salsa until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mixture into bread bowl, place top onto bread and wrap twice with foil.
- Bake about 1 1/2 hours, or until hot.
- Serve with toasted bread cubes, Tostitos and veggies.
This was a major hit at the party we attended just lastnight. This was the one dish that was "licked" clean so to speak. People were even breaking the empty bread bowl to get the last bit. I liked your introduction too. I can just picture you and your teenage friends gathered around the bread bowl in your pjs having a few giggles. Made for the new P-A-R-T-Y event. Thx JiliBean this is a keeper!
This was absolutely delicious! We didn't have the bread, so we put everything in a pyrex dish, covered it with foil and baked it at 400 for 30minutes....perfect!
This is the greatest invention EVER!!!! Love it just the way the recipe says, no changes necessary! And to add on to the into, we now each have to have our own bowl when we get together!!