Recipe by JiliBean
My mother started making this for me and my friends in high school. 12 years later, we can't have a "girl's weekend" without it!
Top Review by mums the word
This was a major hit at the party we attended just lastnight. This was the one dish that was "licked" clean so to speak. People were even breaking the empty bread bowl to get the last bit. I liked your introduction too. I can just picture you and your teenage friends gathered around the bread bowl in your pjs having a few giggles. Made for the new P-A-R-T-Y event. Thx JiliBean this is a keeper!
- 1 loaf round bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut a 1" slice off the top of the bread. Set aside.
- Remove center of bread, leaving 1/2 inch thick shell. Cut center of bread into cubes and bake until toasted.
- Dip: With electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream and salsa until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mixture into bread bowl, place top onto bread and wrap twice with foil.
- Bake about 1 1/2 hours, or until hot.
- Serve with toasted bread cubes, Tostitos and veggies.