Recipe by LAURIE
From a Midwest B&B cookbook, these are so easy to make and so rich and sweet to eat! Leave the raisins and/or nuts out if you prefer.
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- Pour 2 TBS melted butter into bottom of 9 inch round cake pan.
- Swirl to coat pan.
- Drizzle corn syrup onto the butter, into the pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, raisins and walnuts on top of syrup/butter mixture.
- Separate but do not uncoil the breadsticks.
- Dip coils into remaining butter and then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place coils flat in the pam.
- Pour cream/milk over the coils.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Let pan stand for 3 minutes.
- Loosen sides by running a knife around the edge, and invert pan on a warm plate.