Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I promise you, these are really yummy. Otherwise I wouldn't have used the word in the title.
- 1 cup butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 dash salt
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in microwave (or stovetop, if that's the method you prefer).
- Mix the sugar and butter until well combined.
- Cool the mix, you don't want to cook the eggs in the next step.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the pecans, salt and almond extract.
- Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan (I usually just line my pan with parchment paper).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and top with powdered sugar.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
Loved these bars - they were easy to make. I am always looking for new recipes to make for our local Highway Patrol for their training days and this proved to be a big hit with all of them. Will keep this as a "be sure to make again" and will pass the recipe on. Vesta - Grass Valley, Ca.
Delicious and very easy to make! Took them to the office and they were devoured within minutes! thanks for a great recipe
Would give this recipe no stars if I could. One the the worst tasting things I have ever tired. First there is no caramel in the ingratiates, and the cookies came out very dry with a horrible taste. I followed the directions exactly, and my ingratiates were fresh. What a wast of money!!!!