Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
These bars sure do live up to there name... so easy to make, and oh so yummy
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 egg
- 1 (50 count) package caramels
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9-in baking pan.
- Mix 1/2 of the cake mix with 1 egg, melted butter, and 1/3 cup of evaporated milk.
- Spread into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over top.
- Melt the caramels with remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk; drizzle over chips and nuts.
- Crumble and pat the remaining dry cake mix over the top.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Cool, cut into bars.
Yummy is right. I made this last night in memory of Kitten's husband, John. We think this recipe is wonderful. The only warning I would give is not to over bake the bars. I did and it still came out great but next time, I will watch it more carefully. Even though I over baked them, they were still great. The taste was wonderful.