Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have tried several variations of dump cake and made up my own one day when I needed some comfort! ;) This one is by far the favorite of anyone I have served it to. I make several different flavors and fillings at work potlucks and since I made this one, that is all everyone requests! Once you make it, you'll know why, just make sure you have your favorite vanilla ice cream on hand to go along with it. :)
- Pour both cans of Apple Pie Filling into a 13X9 glass cake pan.
- Add cinnamon and stir.
- Depending on what type of caramel topping you have, you may have to heat it in the microwave to get it to pour. Once it is ready to pour (some come in the squeezable and they are ready to go as is), then drizzle in a checkerboard fasion all over the pie filling, first up and down, then side to side.
- Sprinkle Dry Cake Mix over the top of the pie filling.
- Cut small slices of butter and place randomly all over on top of dry cake mix, ensuring that most areas are evenly covered.
- Bake at 350 for about a 30 minutes, watch it, when it is brown and bubbly it is ready to go.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle more hot caramel over ice cream and dessert.
- Enjoy! :-).
Wonderful - everyone loved it!
This was such a simple recipe and I could not believe that I had everything at home to make it...it turned out perfect to serve unexpected dinner guests....
Be careful with this one. I followed the recipe exactly. I thought it tasted like......well.....like a dry cake mix was sprinkled on the top! The apples/cinnamon/caramel were tasty, but the dry cake mix on the top had me skeptical that this would turn out. Although the flavor was good, the consistency of the dry cake mix on the top was not good.....it was gritty and then become mushy. I will not make this again.