Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We discovered this yummy drink at Starbucks a few years back. I made it a mission to figure out how to make it at home. Our family has enjoyed our homemade version for a couple years now and think it's better than Starbucks. It tastes best with homemade whipped cream instead of other substitutions, so it takes a little bit more work - but you won't regret it. It's sooooo good! You can use cinnamon extract in place of the Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce syrup. It's a sweet, hot drink - Enjoy!
- 64 ounces apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons starbucks cinnamon dolce syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- First, put small glass mixing bowl & mixer beaters in freezer (for whipping cream, recipe to follow).
- Heat cider ingredients on stovetop or crockpot until steaming (if using cinnamon extract, you'll want to use a little less than recipe calls for).
- Divide into 8 mugs, top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle caramel syrup on top of whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- WHIPPED CREAM: Using a small glass mixing bowl & mixer beaters (that have been chilled in the freezer) mix the whipped cream ingredients until it thickens. Wait to make this until the cider is ready to be served.
Yum! I enjoyed this on a for a treat. Thanks!
This is just like the Starbucks drink- very good copy! It's very sweet, next time I'll cut back on the brown sugar and add a bit more cinnamon syrup. Thanks for posting!