Recipe by susan
Deee-lishus! Great-tasting dessert bars. They're so easy to make.
Top Review by annlouise
I wasn't sure about adding the raisins; but went ahead. My friends and I did not care for it. I might try again with omitting the raisins and only halving the glaze, as I found the glaze too sweet, after sprinkling mini choc chips after baking, which added to the sweetness.
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon cold brewed strong coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 13"x9" baking dish; lightly flour.
- Stir together all ingredients except Glaze with a spoon til blended well.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Drizzle Cappuccino Glze over bars while they are still warm.
- Cut into bars and serve warm or room temperature.