Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't remember were this recipe came from but everybody seems to like them.
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup candy covered plain chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together margarine and the sugars.
- Mix the next six ingredients into the creamed mixture. Then add the oats and the candy.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and set on a greased cookie sheet, flatten them gently with fingertips.
- bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Yummm! Enjoy!
This recipe is a total hit in my family, they seem to keep disappearing as they cool off!!! I tweeked a bit by using 3/4 cup organic sugar instead of white and added 1/2 cup m&m's and 1/4 each of dark chocolate chips and reese chips. I also left mine in ball form and they turned out beautifully! Thanks for posting!
Very good! I bought some Easter m&ms on 75% off and was looking for a cookie recipe that didn't have peanut butter in it. Very easy to make and very tasty. Thanks!
these are excellent! i was looking for a monster cookie recipe that didn't include peanut butter because a member of my son's preschool class is allergic to nuts. These fit the bill and are delicious too! so chewy! Next time I don't think I will flatten them at all because we like our cookies a little thicker- tried it both ways.