Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it was named Martha Washington Cookies. These are so good my 4 yr old calls them candy cookies. They are the best I have had in a long time and they are also gfcf.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves (or any nut I use macadama)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites and salt untill stiff peaks are formed and fold in pecan halves.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Very disappointed - the directions don't even tell you when to add the sugar and vanilla! I tried to beat the eggs to make the peaks, both before adding the sugar and afterwards, and had no luck.
We had to try this other cookie recipe of yours since we loved your other cookie recipe so much! My 2 year old daughter thought these were so Pretty and tasted just like candy. Very easy to make too! Thanks again!