Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so good, my husband threatened to lick the dish!
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In large iron skillet, add sweet potatoes, then cover with sugar and melted butter.
- Cook on high heat until sugar is dissolved. Add enough water to cover sweet potatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes. Stir frequently.
- When potatoes are tender, remove cover from skillet and let the syrup thicken. Add cinnamon and stir well.