Recipe by Sharon loves her kids
This was something I threw together with leftover cabbage from making cabbage rolls. I'm glad I wrote it down...I LOVE IT! Hope you will too.
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made this for dinner tonight. I used slaw mix so didn't need to chop up cabbage. I only used 1 TBL of pepper and still thought it was way too hot. Will decrease drastically next time I make it.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 cups water (use boiled cabbage water if you still have it)
- 3 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 medium diced potato
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 -3 tablespoon cayenne (I use 3Tbsp, I like it spicey!)
- 1 -2 tablespoon montreal steak spice