4 hrs 15 mins
This was an accident in my kitchen, a little ADHD made me combine two recipes and I ended up with the best pot roast I've ever made. Got tired of the old onion soup recipe that I've made forever. Love it when experiments go well! FYI...I've also done this recipe in a crock pot, using a large skillet to brown the roast, garlic and onion before placing in the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup fresh onion, chopped-up
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1Pat roast dry with paper towel.
- 2Season roast with salt and pepper.
- 3In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Brown the roast on all sides.
- 5Transfer the roast to a warm platter or bowl cover with aluminium foil and set aside.
- 6Brown the onion, and garlic in the Dutch oven with the remaining oil over medium heat.
- 7Stir in the wine, broth, and oyster sauce and tomatoes, bring to a simmer.
- 8Stir in the oregano, basil, thyme and garlic
- 9Place the roast back in the Dutch oven and turn to cover with the other ingredients.
- 10Place baby carrots (or any other veggies that you would like) along side the roast.
- 11Cook covered in Dutch oven at 350°F for 4 to 5 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Burgundy Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1097.6
- Calories from Fat 696
- Total Fat 77.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 234.9 mg
- Sodium 2605.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 65.3 g