Recipe by Hawkfeather68
This was an accident in my kitchen, a little ADHD made me combine two recipes and I ended up with the best pot roast I've ever made. Got tired of the old onion soup recipe that I've made forever. Love it when experiments go well! FYI...I've also done this recipe in a crock pot, using a large skillet to brown the roast, garlic and onion before placing in the crock pot.
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh onion, chopped-up
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup baby carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat roast dry with paper towel.
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the roast on all sides.
- Transfer the roast to a warm platter or bowl cover with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Brown the onion, and garlic in the Dutch oven with the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the wine, broth, and oyster sauce and tomatoes, bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the oregano, basil, thyme and garlic
- Place the roast back in the Dutch oven and turn to cover with the other ingredients.
- Place baby carrots (or any other veggies that you would like) along side the roast.
- Cook covered in Dutch oven at 350°F for 4 to 5 hours.