Recipe by JenJenMarie
I came up with this myself. Since brussels sprouts have a similar flavor to cabbage, I have adapted my cabbage recipe for them. My husband thought he did not like brussels sprouts until I made these. I usually have to do a double batch and we end up fighting over the leftovers!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Brussels sprouts
- 4 slices of thick smoked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brussels sprouts according to package. I steam mine in the microwave.
- While sprouts are cooking, in a pot on the stove, cook your bacon and onion together. Cook until bacon and onion are thoroughly done.
- Add brussels sprouts to bacon & onion. Add margarine and salt & pepper to taste. When margarine is melted, you are done!
- I like to cook mine until the sprouts get a little brown on the bottom.