Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this myself. Since brussels sprouts have a similar flavor to cabbage, I have adapted my cabbage recipe for them. My husband thought he did not like brussels sprouts until I made these. I usually have to do a double batch and we end up fighting over the leftovers!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Brussels sprouts
- 4 slices of thick smoked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Cook brussels sprouts according to package. I steam mine in the microwave.
- While sprouts are cooking, in a pot on the stove, cook your bacon and onion together. Cook until bacon and onion are thoroughly done.
- Add brussels sprouts to bacon & onion. Add margarine and salt & pepper to taste. When margarine is melted, you are done!
- I like to cook mine until the sprouts get a little brown on the bottom.
My husband makes this brussel sprout recipe with pancetta and butter! I make my brussels with brown sugar pecans, maple syrup and a little sprinkle of nutmeg!
Also fun with a tiny bit of maple syrup drizzled during the last few minutes of cooking.
I love this and know how tasty it is because this dish has been eaten in the UK and probably other countries across the pond for years. Obviously people from all over the world have the same excellent taste in food.