Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this myself. Since brussels sprouts have a similar flavor to cabbage, I have adapted my cabbage recipe for them. My husband thought he did not like brussels sprouts until I made these. I usually have to do a double batch and we end up fighting over the leftovers!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Brussels sprouts
- 4 slices of thick smoked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Cook brussels sprouts according to package. I steam mine in the microwave.
- While sprouts are cooking, in a pot on the stove, cook your bacon and onion together. Cook until bacon and onion are thoroughly done.
- Add brussels sprouts to bacon & onion. Add margarine and salt & pepper to taste. When margarine is melted, you are done!
- I like to cook mine until the sprouts get a little brown on the bottom.
I love brussels sprouts! I didn't have an onion so I used some onion salt and a pinch of garlic powder, very good subs. I'm kinda glad that my DH doesn't eat brussels sprouts so I can have the leftovers! I could make a meal off these and hot cornbread!
Very easy and tasty. My husband loves brussels and I can usually tolerate them, but add some bacon and onions and I am in! We will totally make these again, I may even try to roast fresh sprouts in the oven and then coat them in the yummy bacon, onion, butter mixture. Thanks for sharing!
Before writing my review,I have to say " I've never really liked brussels sprouts." But afer making and trying this particular recipe, I've changed my mind ":).Except for using a 12 ounce bag( only size I could find.)the recipe was made as it was written even down to steaming them in the microwave.Before adding the sprouts to the bacon/onion mixture they were cut in half to coat them better.The taste was WAY better than my SO and I expected. I mean How can you go wrong with bacon & onion ?I WILL make this again. Thank you so much for changing us into brussels sprouts fans." Keep Smiling :) "