- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- melt margarine/butter in a pot, add white and brown sugar, cocoa. mix well over medium low heat until sugars and cocoa are dissolved. remove from heat.
- add 3 eggs one at a time, beating well after each. add flour and baking powder, vanilla and nuts (optional).
- pour into 9 x 12 pan. bake for 25-30 min at 350.