I was sitting around one day wondering how to make my brown rice taste good and this is what I came up with. Makes a very flavorful side dish. I'm sure it could use some tuning up in the fat department, but it's oh so good! This dish goes GREAT with chicken, pork, steak - pretty much any main dish - and takes the "blah" out of brown rice while adding an excellent source of healthy grains.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add brown rice to water per directions on package.
- 2At this time also add all the above ingredients EXCEPT FOR MUSHROOMS.
- 3NOTE: You will need to adjust the amount of seasonings to the amount of rice you are preparing.
- 4The above measurements are for preparation of 4 SERVINGS.
- 5Let cook as directed on box.
- 6When there's only 15 minutes left to cook, saute mushrooms in butter and mix into the rice.
- 7Cover and finish cooking until all water is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.4
- Calories from Fat 737
- Total Fat 81.9 g
- Saturated Fat 51.5 g
- Cholesterol 215.1 mg
- Sodium 765.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
baby portabella mushrooms