Recipe by T-Logan
I was sitting around one day wondering how to make my brown rice taste good and this is what I came up with. Makes a very flavorful side dish. I'm sure it could use some tuning up in the fat department, but it's oh so good! This dish goes GREAT with chicken, pork, steak - pretty much any main dish - and takes the "blah" out of brown rice while adding an excellent source of healthy grains.
- 1⁄2 cup raw brown rice
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can sliced baby portabella mushrooms (I prefer Dutchman)
- 4 tablespoons real butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Add brown rice to water per directions on package.
- At this time also add all the above ingredients EXCEPT FOR MUSHROOMS.
- NOTE: You will need to adjust the amount of seasonings to the amount of rice you are preparing.
- The above measurements are for preparation of 4 SERVINGS.
- Let cook as directed on box.
- When there's only 15 minutes left to cook, saute mushrooms in butter and mix into the rice.
- Cover and finish cooking until all water is absorbed.