Recipe by Teri Land
This recipe is mine, born of a basic quiche recipe with my additions and cooking quirks. It is really good, holds together well, and very pretty when done!! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen broccoli or 3 cups cooked broccoli
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 ounces bacon bits
- salt or pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 dash mixed herbs (I used Mrs. Dash, the regular kind)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Let pie crust sit out at room temp for 15 minute before filling.
- Thaw/heat broccoli in microwave. Sqeeze to remove excess water.
- Mix all ingredients. Pour into pie crust. Place quiche on cookie sheet and bake on the next to upper rack. (this just works better in my oven. Also, heating oven to 400, then turning down to 350 just before putting quiche in oven works for me, too.).
- Bake 40-50 mins, or until top is browned & knife inserted in center comes out clean.