Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a great lunch for the kids. You can also use different vegetables.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- Heat oven to 375°. Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Shape mixture into nuggets and place on baking tray approximately 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning nuggets over after 15 minutes. Serve warm.
- I didn’t have enough frozen broccoli but I had a bunch of cut up veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc) for dipping so I steamed them with the frozen and then put all the veggies into the food processor and let it whirl. Then I added the rest of the ingredients (make sure you temper the eggs before adding them or you’ll have scrambled eggs). I also added about 2 teaspoons of flaxseed oil and two tablespoons of wheat germ to the mixture.
- Also, this makes A LOT, so I only baked 6 and I formed the rest and froze them on a cookie sheet and then put them in a freezer bag and I’ll just bake them as I need them.
- Secondly, I think in the future I’ll add whatever meat I have on hand or some beans to the food processor for some added protein. Zoe and Owen loves these!
These are great!!