Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great (and easy) broccoli casserole.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam the broccoli and chopped onions until fork-tender; drain well.
- In a bowl, mix everything together EXCEPT the crushed crackers.
- Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with the crushed crackers.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
We really liked this. Steamed the broccoli and onion in microwave (when you say "small" onion, you really mean it - it could easily be too much) - next time, will use only 1/4 cup. Also next time, I think I'll try a little more mayo and a little less sour cream. Forgot the crackers and never noticed until just now writing this review!
I made this a couple of weeks ago and forgot to review it. I followed all the ingredients except onions. My DD doesn't like onions. It was so delicious. I cooked it and we devoured it before I could even take a picture. Made for Kid Friendly Tag. Added 1/24/09. We made this for a dinner party and it was devoured. My DH took a picture this time before we ate it.
I made this with cauliflower since I was out of broccoli. I used light mayo and completely forgot the crackers, and this was a big hit. Very tasty! Going to try it with the broccoli next. Thanks!