Prep 6 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a GREAT breakfast dish! It is very easy and versatile. I prefer ground pork instead of the ground beef. I also add sharp cheddar cheese on top. Several times I have garnished with salsa and sour cream, very tasty! Feel free to use sausage instead of chorizo, Idaho pots instead of red, etc...just use your imagination. Next time I am adding sauteed shrooms. From Sunny Anderson on Food Network!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced small
- 1⁄2 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet to medium heat, add ground chuck and chorizo, cook until brown, breaking it up as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add potatoes, onion and 1 more tablespoon oil, if needed.
- Stir to incorporate, then let cook 8 minutes, undisturbed to form golden crust. Stir potatoes, then let cook undisturbed another 8 minutes.
- When potatoes are almost totally cooked through, mix in garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes.
- Form 4 pockets in the hash to put the eggs. Add a little more oil in the pockets, if necessary, so the eggs don't stick.
- Carefully pour an egg into each pocket, cover pan and turn heat to low. Cook until eggs are set to desired doneness, about 2 minutes.
- Remove to a serving platter or place on individual plates and garnish with parsley.
Excellent skillet breakfast!!! I did take liberaties and used my preferences in making this skillet. First I scaled it back for two, then used all Bob Evan's Sausage and did use the red skins and onions but added some green bell pepper. I omitted the rosemary and crushed red pepper for taste preferences and health issues. I also decided that I felt like scrambles eggs so did that with the pocket in the middle. Thank for sharing the recipe and a yummy breakfast. Made for Newest Tag.