1/4 Photos of Yummy Breakfast Skillet - Food Network How Many Eggs?
This is a GREAT breakfast dish! It is very easy and versatile. I prefer ground pork instead of the ground beef. I also add sharp cheddar cheese on top. Several times I have garnished with salsa and sour cream, very tasty! Feel free to use sausage instead of chorizo, Idaho pots instead of red, etc...just use your imagination. Next time I am adding sauteed shrooms. From Sunny Anderson on Food Network!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced small
- 1/2 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet to medium heat, add ground chuck and chorizo, cook until brown, breaking it up as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 2Add potatoes, onion and 1 more tablespoon oil, if needed.
- 3Stir to incorporate, then let cook 8 minutes, undisturbed to form golden crust. Stir potatoes, then let cook undisturbed another 8 minutes.
- 4When potatoes are almost totally cooked through, mix in garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes.
- 5Form 4 pockets in the hash to put the eggs. Add a little more oil in the pockets, if necessary, so the eggs don't stick.
- 6Carefully pour an egg into each pocket, cover pan and turn heat to low. Cook until eggs are set to desired doneness, about 2 minutes.
- 7Remove to a serving platter or place on individual plates and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Breakfast Skillet - Food Network How Many Eggs?
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.6
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 298.2 mg
- Sodium 823.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 33.2 g